Saturday, February 1, 2014

Winner of the Makeover Contest!!!



So excited to announce the winner of the Makeup Your inner Beauty MAKEOVER CONTEST!!!

But, before I do, I just want to say, we had some awesome entries. 
I was touched to see how many extraordinary women there are among us. 
A lot of women who sacrifice for years of their life and being, to give to their children, women who are kind hearted and selfless, brave and especially humble. 

You never know who you are influencing by your example, or how much you can make a difference in someone else's life.
But, once in a while, you get a little payback ;) So, don't give up!

And the winner of the free Makeup Your Inner Beauty makeover, is.... 



Margie!!! (Left)

This is what her daughter Amber (On the right) wrote about her:
"My Mom, always put her family before herself. We didn't have a lot of money growing up and she worked 2-3 jobs, just to help with money to get us what we needed.
She never went to a salon to get all fancy like we do these days. It wasn't until I was graduated, that I remember her going to a salon to get her hair colored and cut. She has just recently retired from er hob and has had a rough past couple of years. Seeing her finally be able to not go to work and just enjoy herself for once, makes my cry tears of joy! I am so proud of her and think ( hope) that she would love a makeover if she was picked! She is MY deserving women that I would pick." 
-Amber

WOW! Thanks Amber!
I have known Amber for about 6 years now. She always has smile on her face when she talks to me. 
No matter what it's about, she's smiling.
 When I was a new mom, with a colicky baby, she would tell me how she's been there, and offer me support and advice. That helped comfort me a lot!
She's an awesome mom, with 3 cute kids, and a wife to a farmer. 
Which is how she became a hardcore farmer, with style ;) 
She does so much service in our community, and has blessed the lives of so many! I love this Lady!
Thanks for all you do Amber!

Ok, so, I have a confession to make.... 
After I got multiple submissions, 
I COULD NOT narrow it down to just one. 
So, in this case, everyone is a winner;)
And here are the rest of our awesome makeover winners!


 This is Socorro
Her daughter Priscilla  wrote:

"My Mom! She works so hard supporting her family as a single mother. 
Not only has she raised two successful adults, but, has adopted my little brother (cousin) and is starting over with him (6 yrs old) and his brother (16). So selfless, she never has time for herself, but instead, takes her free time to do family things. She definitely deserves a makeover!
-Priscilla

I met Priscilla a few years ago, she is fun loving and spirited! 
She's so fun to talk to and be around. You can tell she's kind hearted, right away. 
So driven and goal oriented, such an awesome example!
Thanks Priscilla!


This is Tori
Heather wrote:

"I would like to nominate Tori, because she has such a big heart. She works a lot of hours and then takes care of the two kiddos when she gets home. I think she would love a little time for herself, and for you to give her a makeover."
-Heather
I've known Heather from the young age of 11. 
From a young girl, to a wife and now, a Mother!
She has always been dedicated to every little thing she does. 110%
With a soft spot or animals, and kids, she's very good with both ;)
She has recently become a new mother to a little boy and he's is lucky to have such a patient and loving mom. 
Go Heather!


This is Amberlie (Left) and this is what her sister Karlee (right), wrote about her:
" I nominate my little sister. She's on her way to some amazing changes and I'm sure she would love a makeover, when she's reached her goal!!!"
 -Karlee
 
Karlee is my dear friend from high school. 
I remember she was one of our first friends who could drive. So she's haul us everywhere, even though she had to pay for her own gas. 
She worked her tail off to get goo grades, and move up at her job too. 
A lot of times, we'd be off hanging out, like high school kids do, and she's be at work. We'd visit her a lot, because she was there, a lot.
She pretty much sustained herself financially, at that young age. 
Amazing work ethic!
Karlee also knew how to have fun...if you knew her back then, you must remember "the laugh" hahaha!
Heard from a mile away;) 
Now, she's an awesome wife and Mother of 3! Lucky to know her :)


This is Corin
Jenn wrote:

"I would like to nominate Corin, because she is a person with true beauty, inside and out! She has recently become, a full-time Mother, and is experiencing fully, the change and trial, that comes with motherhood. She has been a wonderful example to me, of the love and dedication that is needed to support and selflessly give to others."
 -Jenn
Jenn is one of the most service oriented people I know. 
She invests so much of he spare time visiting and serving family and friends. 
She is a hardworker, and student. 
She is always trying to better herself and the lives of others.
She knows how to instantly click with kids, and she's so loving to them. 
Last semester, Weston had some late classes after work and I was running low on help. Jenn would come over once a week, to spend time with the girls. 
She'll make a wonderful Mom one day They love her a lot! She's a life saver!


This is Trudy
Stef her daughter said:
"My mom Trudy, is going through so much right now. She has no time to take care of herself or even think about herself. 
She went from being a homemaker, to the bread winner.
She finds time to help others in need, with whatever they have.
She really deserves this. 
And to top it off, she married my dad with 3 girls and became a Mom to 4 kids, instantly.
And, she was an amazing Mom. She deserves this.
I try to do as much as I can when she comes and visits. But, this would really make her feel special."
 -Stefanie

Stefanie is a very determined and tough girl.  She's got a big heart and a kind smile. 
She has a successful business that she runs and is also a Wife ,and Mother of two :)
She's very hard working and talented at what she does. A natural!
I got to get to know her better in class last year, and I'm so glad I did!
She's awesome! 


And now for the final winner... 

This is Kamie: 
We met in school when we were younger. 
I remember her always smiling, saying hi to me and always being very friendly. 
I can tell you, NOT a lot has changed.  
Kamie is one of those people, that you just look up to. She doesn't let life's struggles dim her spirits and 
she's got a heart of gold, not to mention a special gift with kids. She loves spending time with the little ones. 
She's fun to be around and always makes those around her feel welcome. Thanks for all you do Kamie!

And there you have it! Our group of winners. Lucky to know some of these women!
Stay tuned for some fun before and afters ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment