Monday, October 31, 2011

The "Perfect" Halloweenazzz (End of title done by Stela) How Appropriate

I constantly have ideas in my head of makeup looks/creations that I am dying to try out on a face. Ever since I became a mom of an energetic and demanding baby, I have had to put my love of creating on the back burner for the most part. It's been a hard adjustment for me and sometimes I feel like there is no such thing as "me time"...I'm sure other mom's can relate.

Well, for about a month now, I have been wanting to do a video/tutorial on how to do a day of the dead (Mexican Holiday resembling Halloween) Sugar skull mask!
I began toying with the idea since mid September and planned on making the video at the beginning of October. But, with a one year old running around, I found it would be impossible to make a makeup video and not have her starring in it. So, after a few failed attempts, I finally resigned my plan to make a video of my sugar skull makeup.

On Saturday, I decided to take Stela to the Main Street Trick or Treat. I got her lady bug costume all ready and put her down for a cat nap (that's all she takes) before we left. Once she was asleep, I got the sudden urge to attempt my sugar skull face. I went back and forth for a bit, thinking I wouldn't have time or it would be sloppy and Stela would be awake soon.  But for some reason, I just had to do it! I tried to get as much done as I could while Stela was asleep. But, I didn't get very far. When she woke up I was worried she'd scream when she saw my white face and dark eyes. But, to my surprise,  I found out that she recognized me fine and she didn't care what I looked like.
I finished the rest of the face with her "help" half the time in my arms and half the time getting eye shadow all over the bathroom and I even caught her with a makeup brush in her mouth. It was pretty crazy but, a good memory to have made.
In the end, It didn't go as planned. I didn't get to make my video, make all the details as perfect as I had pictured, or have as much time as I wanted (without, interruption). But, the point is, is that I did it.
I realized that, not only in this instance, but with life in general, things will never be exactly the way you pictured them in your mind. But, what makes your visions and plans memorable, are the details that you never imagined in the first place.
Sometimes, we've just got to allow our "perfect plan" some room to be not so perfect and say to ourselves "This is good enough!"

Stela, My little helper that makes this all "possible"

                         Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. Your work always amazes me. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your make-up work looks PERFECT to me! It was fun look at these photos and see HOW perfect-- and, I can't begin to think anyone could do this on their own. You proved my thinking wrong! COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is the best t i have seen

    ReplyDelete